Patent Attorney – 8 Reasons to Hire a Patent Attorney.
Patent attorneys are expensive. So why would you want to hire one? After all patents, which are considered intellectual property, are issued by the federal government, so why can’t you just file your patent directly with the government?
You can. But only if you know the following:
1. How to determine if your idea is patentable.
2. How to do an exhaustive patent search.
3. How to determine if it has been patented before.
4. How to evaluate whether your invention idea can really make money.
5. How to write a detailed description of your invention idea.
6. The ability to create drawings that fully describe your invention visually.
7. The ability to write claims that fully protect your invention idea from infringement.
8. The knowledge to respond to the objections of the US Patent Office (or patent… Continue reading